If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Moraea MM 11-65

Seed parent: MM 03-07b (atropunctata x neopavonia) X villosa
Pollen parent: Moraea tulbaghensis with blue eye

The seed parent is pale orange with a huge blue eye. M. tulbaghensis has a similar color scheme, but is darker orange and has a smaller eye. I think I was hoping for a bright orange flower with a huge blue eye.

MM 11-65a. I'm partway there. The flower's darker orange than the seed parent, but a bit lighter than I'd prefer. And M. tulbaghensis has made the flower a bit cupped and small. But I think this one is worth further breeding..

These seedlings from the same cross, grown by Garry Knipe, have more vivid blue eyes than the flower above:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.