If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Moraea MM 10-16

Seed parent: Moraea MM 99-00 (neopavonia x atropunctata?)
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra

MM 10-16a.  This is another part of my continuing effort to mix orange and purple Moraeas. As in so many other cases, the first result turns out to be a light orange flower. About the only Moraea gigandra characteristic you can spot in this flower is its velvety, mottled black center.

MM 10-16b. This one has a faint purple-mauve blush to it.

MM 10-16c. This turned out to be another plant of 10-16b. Sorry for the confusion, and let's move on...

MM 10-16d. Now for something completely different. The tepals are bright orange, overlaid with purple veins that blend into a reddish-mauve color. The eye is very bright blue, and the central cup is bright orange with dark markings. Many of my crosses come out with pastel colors, so I love the intensity of the colors in this flower.


MM 10-16e. Pale yellow with a little mauve mixed in near the eye. TH=his photo makes the yellow look brighter than it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.