If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Moraea MM 10-13

Seed parent: Moraea MM 03-04a (aristata x calcicola)
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa (probably form C)

This isn't a spectacular cross, but I think it's an improvement over the seed parent. The flowers are a bit larger and whiter, and the eye is more brightly colored. I like the very flat tepals of this one, compared to the reflexed ones of many Moraea species.

MM 10-13a. A nice respectable-looking flower.

MM 10-13b. The eye is a bit darker, and there may be a bit more veining in the tepals (hard to tell from the photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.