If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Moraea MM 14-09

Seed parent: Moraea ‘Zoe’ offspring
Pollen parent: MM 11-82a

The idea here was to cross two spotted flowers with different parentage, to see if I could get a very spotted flower. It worked pretty well.

Here are a couple that bloomed for me in 2018:

MM 14-09a This one is kind of promising. It has some of the speckles from Zoe.

MM 14-09b

These bloomed in 2019:

MM 14-09c

MM 14-09d. I like the very distinct white rim around the eye.

MM 14-09e


Iris breeder Garry Knipe grew this flower the same batch of seeds. I'm surprised it looks so different.

GK 1421


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.