If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Moraea MM 15-87

Seed parent: MM 10-13 (M. aristata x calcicola) X villosa

Pollen parent: MM 11-72a (M. tulbaghensis with blue eye X villosa form A)












Moraea hybrids usually take 3-4 years to go from seed to bloom, but this one did it two. Nice!

MM 15-87a. The pollen parent has a very vivid blue eye, and I was hoping for more of the same here. But instead we get fairly narrow tepals and nice but routine colors.

MM 15-87b. This one is more interesting. The vivid blue eye showed up, it has an unusual shape and an unusual orange glow, and check out the curved style crests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.