If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Moraea MM 12-93

Seed parent: MM 03-04a (aristata X calcicola)
Pollen parent: Moraea bellendenii













I was curious to see how pale purple and yellow flowers would combine. In this case, the answer is that you get cream-colored flowers with very dark purple centers. The most notable thing about these plants was that they bloomed quite late for a Moraea, in early to late April in my part of California (most bloom in mid-March). They inherited that timing from M. bellendenii.

MM 12-93a.

MM 12-93b. I like the dainty yellow inner tepals, but otherwise the flower is pretty bland.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.