If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, June 9, 2017

Moraea MM 12-74

Seed parent: Moraea aristata













Pollen parent: Moraea unknown

I forgot to tag this cross, but noted that the pollen was orange. That doesn't help a lot, but at the time I guessed the pollen parent might be MM 99-00c or 03-05b. Based on the look of these flowers, I'd say the parent was probably actually a form of Moraea villosa.

MM 12-74a. This one's kind of interesting because the eye is purplish rather than the usual blue.

MM 12-74b. The blue eye and yellow cup make me pretty confident that the pollen parent was M. villosa or a hybrid of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.