If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, June 9, 2017

Moraea MM 12-72

Seed parent: Moraea loubseri  

Pollen parent: MM 03-99b (M. neopavonia X villosa)













This cross did exactly what I expected: A purple species crossed with a hybrid that's orange and purple produced a mixed-color orange and purple flower. (If you have more than a quarter orange in the parentage, the flowers often turn out pure orange. But 3/4 purple and 1/4 orange often produces mixed color.)

MM 12-72a.

Here's a closeup of the center, brightened a bit so you can see the colors and markings in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.