If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Moraea MM 14-138

Seed parent: Moraea neopavonia with blue eye
Pollen parent: Moraea atropunctata with many spots

The parents:

GK 1429. Kudos to Garry Knipe, who got these to bloom while they were still in the seed cup (using seeds I bred). I was hoping for orange flowers with spots, but they look a lot like paler versions of M. neopavonia.

I finally got some seedlings to bloom for me in 2018. Lots of orange flowers, but none with the spots I was hoping for.

MM 14-138a

MM 14-138b

MM 14-138c. Check out the unusual dark inner tepals.

14-138d

I didn't bother giving this one a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.