If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Moraea MM 13-86

Seed parent: MM 11-135a ((atropunctata x neopavonia) X (atropunctata x calcicola))
Pollen parent: MM 11-135b ((atropunctata neopavonia) X (atropunctata calcicola))

The parents:

MM 13-86a. It's often hard to get Moraea hybrid siblings to cross, but in this case it worked. I was hoping we'd see some recessive genes in their offspring, but these two plain-looking pale orange flowers produced a plain-looking bright orange flower.

MM 13-86b. Paler than its sibling. It's an interesting peach color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.