If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Moraea MM 12-131

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form a
Pollen parent: MM 09-02a (aristata X villosa)

The parents:


The pollen parent, MM 09-02a, is a hybrid of M. aristata and M. villosa that looks a lot like villosa but is larger than either parent species, and is also a good bloomer. I wanted to see if I could get a wider range of Moraea colors mixed with that same size and vigor. But this cross has reverted to typical M. villosa sizes.

MM 12-131a. A nice plant but nothing spectacular.

MM 12-131b. This one has some color variation to it, but not with the size I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.