If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Moraea MM 12-127

Seed parent: MM 03-04b
Pollen parent: Moraea villosa form G

The parents:

I've ended up using MM 03-04 in a lot of crosses, even though it's not the most colorful flower, because it's vigorous and blooms a long time. In this case, I crossed it with a richly colored form of Moraea villosa (purple tepals and midnight blue eye). The result was some pleasant villosa-like flowers that aren't all that spectacular.

MM 12-127a. I wish I'd gotten a better photo of this one. The eyes are fairly large, and there's a lot of light veining on the tepals. Check out the ultra-long inner tepals (the narrow sword-shaped things between the main petals). Also, note the purple color in the central style crests. That's from the seed parent; M. villosa G has white crests.

MM 12-127b. This one looks more villosa-ish. (See the white crests in the middle?) The yellow central cup has some dark mottling in it that probably comes from the seed parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.