If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Moraea MM 11-89

Seed parent: Moraea villosa b
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra (with pointed tepals)

The parents:

Moraea gigandra usually has rounded tepals, so I was intrigued when this pointy form showed up one year. Unfortunately, the flower has never returned, and the pointy shape was not passed on to its descendants.

This particular cross looks a lot like the seed parent, but villosa sometimes does that to a genuine hybrid. I do really like the green rim around the blue eye, although I wish the green color was brighter. This flower was raised by Garry Knipe from seeds I bred.

MM 11-89a. This is the first seedling of this cross to bloom at my place. It looks a lot like the seed parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.