If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Moraea MM 11-32

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form b
Pollen parent: MM 03-07b  ((atropunctata x neopavonia) X villosa)

The parents: 

MM 11-32a. Is this a hybrid or not? At first glance, the flower this looks very much like the seed parent. But that happens a lot when M. villosa is involved. In the photo below, look closely at the yellow cup in the center. See that speckling? Now look at the orange cup at the center of the pollen parent above. Same speckling, So I believe this is probably a true hybrid (although not a spectacular one).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.