If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Moraea MM 11-29

Seed parent: Moraea villosa form a
Pollen parent: MM 03-98c (atropunctata X calcicola)

The parents:

MM 11-29a. This one looks a lot like the seed parent, so I'm not sure if it's a hybrid or just a selfed villosa. I am interested by the pale streaks that run across the face of the flower, from the eye into the tepal. I didn't pay attention to them when the flower was in bloom, but when I looked at the photos later they jumped out at me. At first I thought they might be a trick of the lighting, but they show up in other photos of this flower, so I think they are real. I haven't seen those streaks in other Moraea flowers. It will be interesting to see if they return next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.