If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Moraea MM 11-78

Seed parent: MM 03-98c (atropunctata X calcicola)
Pollen parent: MM 03-98b (atropunctata calcicola)

The professional hybridizers say you're supposed to cross a hybrid with itself to bring out the recessive genes, but I've found that very few Moraea self-crosses work for me. The next best thing is to hybridize two siblings from the same cross, which is what I did here.

MM 11-78a. So much for recessives. This cross looks about like its parents, but the colors are all lighter.

MM 11-78b. Darker colors, but nothing special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.