If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Moraea MM 11-58

Seed parent: Moraea aristata
Pollen parent: MM 03-98c (atropunctata X calcicola)

The seed parent is blue with a yellow eye, while the pollen parent is pale violet with purple spots on the tepals.

When I made this cross, I wanted to get something with the bright blue eye of M. aristata, but with spots all over the tepals. I haven't quite hit the target yet.

MM 11-58a. A few spots on the tepals but the eye is dark purple, almost black. This one looks like a modified version of the pollen parent..

MM 11-58b. This one looks mostly like the seed parent. The tepals are pale violet instead of white, and there are a few spots, but the spots are in the center of the flower rather than on the tepals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.