If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Moraea MM 11-24

Seed parent: Moraea villosa a
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra

Frustration.

These flowers look very intriguing; they are more deeply colored than the typical villosa x gigandra crosses. But the plants were very weak this year, with the flowers wilting as they opened. I don't know if that was a problem with my potting soil or with the plants themselves.

I've had some potting soil problems, so I'll repot these in the summer and see if they do better next year.

In the meantime, check out the possibilities...

MM 11-24a. Intense colors and a bright orange center make this one appealing, of only it'd fully open.

MM 11-24c. Wow, a huge orange center and almost no eye. This might turn out to be a nice flower if I can get it to grow properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.