If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Moraea MM 11-20

Seed parent: Moraea villosa a
Pollen parent: Moraea tulbaghensis with blue eye

Crossing these two species generally produces orange flowers with colorful eyes. The flowers are usually relatively small and cupped, about halfway between the size and shape of M. villosa and M. tulbaghensis.

This cross is pretty typical, but I like the brightness of the colors.

MM 11-20a. Very nice clear colors, with a large eye.

MM 11-20b. This one is so deeply cupped that I had to hold down one of the tepals for the photo.

MM 11-20c. There are some interesting purple shades in the tepals, but otherwise the colors in this one are a bit dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.