If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Moraea MM 11-18

Seed parent: Moraea MM 03-07b  ( (M. atropunctata x neopavonia) X villosa)
Pollen parent: Moraea gigandra

The seed parent is a pale orange flower with a huge blue eye, while the pollen parent is purple with a narrow blue eye and dark center. I was hoping that crossing pale orange and purple would give me some crazy reddish color, but instead this flower has pale almost-white tepals, a blue eye, and an orange-yellow center with leopard markings. The tepals are very narrow.

I really enjoy getting surprises like this from the hybrids.

MM 11-18a. Maybe when its siblings bloom, some of them will have more radical colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.