If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Moraea MM 11-16

Seed parent: Moraea villosa b
Pollen parent: Moraea MM 03-04b (M. aristata X calcicola)

The seed parent is pale purple with a yellow center and a big blue eye, while the pollen parent is white with a little tinge of blue, and has a dark blue eye,


MM 11-16a looks a lot like M. villosa b, but has purple streaks and dots around the eye. They look a bit like eyelashes. Very intriguing!


MM 11-16b. This one's a bit more conventional looking, but I like the tidiness of the flower, and the wide tepals.

MM 11-16c. Similar to form B, but with a bit of yellow around the eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.