If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Moraea MM 11-137

Seed parent: MM 99-00a (atropunctata X neopavona)
Pollen parent: Moraea tulbaghensis

Really? This was a cross between an orange flower with a dark center and an orange flower with a brightly colored eye. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but I thought it would have a more colorful eye. I'll have to do more breeding to figure out what's going on.

MM 11-137a. The flowers are cup-shaped, and if you look closely you can see that the anthers are longer then the style crests. Those are both M. tulbaghensis characteristics, so maybe this is a genuine cross. I like how the orange color intensifies toward the center of the flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.