If you're new to this blog, you can start with the introduction here.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Gladiolus MM 11-14

Seed parent: Gladiolus 00-00a (Gladiolus gracilis v. gracilis X priorii)
Pollen parent: Gladiolus carinatus

I've often had nice results crossing a species with a hybrid, and this is a great example. Gladiolus 00-00a is a magenta hybrid, while G. carinatus is light purple and yellow. The combination of them has produced a very nice range of colors and patterns, some of which remind me of Alstroemerias.

I think the photos speak for themselves:

MM 11-14a. This one has dark magenta tips and a white center.


MM 11-14b. Purple with speckles in the throat.


MM 11-14d. Check out the yellow in the throat of this one.

MM 11-14f. Very pale with nice pink-magenta markings.


MM 11-14g. Lighter purple. Can you see the faint turquoise stripe the midline of the tepals? It's more obvious in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, I am now requiring moderation for comments on most posts. I apologize if your comment does not appear immediately; I will approve it as soon as I can.